Jonathan Clements | May 26, 2016
RESTAURANT MEALS are my biggest discretionary expense. Want me as one of your customers? Here are my seven rules for restaurants:
- If I made a reservation, don’t make me wait 10 minutes for a table.
- Dim the goddamn lights. I look better in the dark. So does your restaurant.
- Never sell a wine I can find in the liquor store. It’s one thing to suspect you’ve marked up the bottle by 300%. It’s another thing to know with absolute certainty.
- Never offer a choice of salad or French fries. That’s just cruel.
- Of course we want to see the dessert menu.
- I was looking forward to that last sip of wine in the glass you just took away.
- Thanks for not telling me that you automatically added the tip.
EXXONMOBIL recently announced 2015 earnings of $16.2 billion, just half of 2014’s level. That news sent me scurrying around the Internet in search …
SOARING STUDENT debt is putting the kibosh on another major financial goal: buying a home. According to a study by researchers at …
I BOUGHT MY house in 2010, when I was 28. I was lucky to get good advice from my parents and some …