My Money Journey
GETTING TO FINANCIAL independence can seem like an impossible journey. What path should you take? How do you get started? What about bumps in the road? The good news is, there are proven routes to freedom and wealth—and they’re easier and simpler than many folks imagine.
To help you make your own way to financial independence, My Money Journey—which will be published April 25, 2023—brings together the inspiring financial life stories of 30 people, all told in their own words. Learn from the triumphs and disasters, the challenges and reflections of a wide range of real men and women just like you—and the surprising but repeatable ways they achieved financial freedom.
From a chemical plant worker to an Army lawyer, a Unitarian minister to a high-school teacher, a software engineer to a retired mutual fund manager—all have timeless wisdom and inspiration you can put into action right now, bringing you one step closer to your own financial freedom.
Want to preorder a copy and receive a 30% discount off the list price? Head to the website for Harriman House, the book’s publisher, and use the code HDMMJ30 at checkout. If U.S. buyers select economy shipping, the mailing charge should be just $4. Alternatively, you can preorder the book from Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- “A real-life look at how messy, complex—but ultimately rewarding—a personal relationship with money can be.”—Morgan Housel, author, The Psychology of Money
- “My Money Journey is a must read for people—of any age or experience—who want to be better at managing their financial lives. It is chock full of real world stories of financial and investing success, and challenge, from people ‘just like us.’ There’s no better way to learn. Those stories, and the summary lessons from each contributor, provide a great road map for readers as they chart their own course to financial well-being.”—Jack Brennan, author of More Straight Talk on Investing and the former CEO and Chairman of Vanguard Group
- “Any book can talk about the blocking and tackling involved in personal finance. What I love here are the stories of the stops and starts, the successes and the oops through the decades of a personal journey. No one’s life is a predictable straight line. It is how we navigate the unexpected that gives us the foundations for financial independence and security.”—Clark Howard, renowned consumer advocate and founder of Clark.com
- “These 30 deeply personal essays on achieving financial goals are inspiring and instructive. Great reading for all who want to achieve lifetime financial security.”—Consuelo Mack, Anchor & Managing Editor, Consuelo Mack WealthTrack
- “Embedded in the unique and delightful financial life stories of 30 individuals are the most important lessons investors must learn. Financial security requires disciplined, regular saving and investing, minimizing costs (as through indexing) and taxes (as through Roth IRAs), and avoiding common blunders. Perhaps even more important than financial health, loving your work and having a genuine interest in others leads to a fulfilling life.”—Burton G. Malkiel, author of A Random Walk Down Wall Street (50th anniversary edition)
- “I loved every bit of this wise book. Its financial success stories don’t owe to towering salaries or complicated investment strategies. Instead, the contributors chalk up their financial freedom and peace of mind to more relatable factors: healthy savings habits, common sense, and a dash of good luck. I saw a bit of my own story reflected in its pages, and it’s a good bet that you will, too.”—Christine Benz, Morningstar’s director of personal finance
- “I read everything Jonathan Clements writes—he is always thoughtful, insightful and full of wisdom.”—Barry Ritholtz, founder of Ritholtz Wealth Management and host of the Bloomberg podcast Masters in Business