Jonathan Clements | November 4, 2019
WHAT WERE FOLKS reading last month? Here are the seven most popular articles that we published in October:
- Better than Timing. Tempted to guess the stock market’s direction and invest accordingly? Robin Powell suggests five alternatives—none of which requires a crystal ball.
- Happiness Formula. There’s a connection between money and happiness—but it’s a complicated one, says Adam Grossman. He offers three insights from the research.
- It’ll Cost You. When we spend $1 today, we give up perhaps $5 in retirement spending. What if we sign up for a $1 recurring monthly expense? It could cost us $1,000. Sanjib Saha explains.
- Peter Principles. With the stock market near record highs, what should you do? Adam Grossman offers up some wisdom from Peter Lynch.
- Staking Your Claim. “Arguably, we look at delaying Social Security benefits the wrong way,” writes Richard Quinn. “It’s not that we add benefits by waiting. Rather, it’s that we lose less.”
- Open Season. Shopping for health insurance for 2020? Whether you get coverage through Medicare, your employer or an individually purchased policy, check out the eight tips from Richard Quinn.
- Battling Time. “My mother’s currently waging her biggest battle of all against time,” writes Dennis Friedman. “It’s her ability to continue living in her own house—the place she’s called home for 40 years.”
Meanwhile, October’s most popular newsletters were 50 Shades of Risk and Guessing Game. A newsletter from September, Show Me the Money, also received substantial traffic in October.
Follow Jonathan on Twitter and on Facebook. His most recent articles include Cash Back, Crazy Like a Fox and Improving the Odds. Jonathan’s latest books: From Here to Financial Happiness and How to Think About Money.
HumbleDollar makes money in four ways: We accept donations, run advertisements served up by Google AdSense, sell merchandise and participate in Amazon‘s Associates Program, an affiliate marketing program. If you click on this site’s Amazon links and purchase books or other items, you don’t pay anything extra, but we make a little money.
IT’S BEEN A BUSY month at HumbleDollar. In April, we added a new article every day, while also increasing the frequency of …
IT CAN BE HARD to find time to make healthy meals, plus—with the convenience of fast food restaurants—why bother? It’s way easier …
IF THIS TURNS OUT to be a major bear market, there will be a slew of articles to be written. It’s the …